Sunday, February 2, 2014

The Story of pi ~B squared

A Math Blog called "pi ~B squared" ... what in the world?!?

Wouldn't it make more sense for it to be pi r^2, or something of that lot?!? Yeah, it probably would. However, that's pretty obvious and used already in at least 1-2 different blogs. Yup, I've looked.

No matter.

Pi ~B squared makes sense on another level. Before marrying in 2001, I always used to go by the nickname 'Becky', rather than my full name 'Rebecca'. Well, I very quickly tried to get people to use Rebecca, because frankly the name "Becky Binkley" sounds really silly. In a number of instances I've used B^2 however when adding initials, monogramming of sorts, etc.

If Pi R Squared wasn't going to work out for me, and didn't make much sense other than mathematical reference, Pi ~B squared would be perfect. I had to have Pi in any 'titling' I used. It's been my favorite number since high school. It's part of the email address I've used for over 20 years, it's even been tattooed on my body for over 15 years. I'm a little obsessive of the number pi, celebrate Pi Day even when I wasn't teaching, etc.

And so, "pi ~B squared" was born...
(Now, I just need to attempt to keep up with a blog!)

No comments:

Post a Comment